The LF ANALYSER ME3830B is a low-frequency measuring device with digital display for simple and quick detection of electrosmog caused by low-frequency alternating electric fields and magnetic fields. Its high detection radius of 16 Hz – 100 kHz makes it unique. Ideal for beginners!
The LF-ANALYSER ME3830B is a straightforward Electrosmog is a colloquial term for all emissions from electric, magnetic, and electromagnetic fields. More measuring device for the low-frequency range (LF). It is reliable and greatly facilitates the detection of magnetic alternating fields and electric alternating fields. It’s a highly valuable tool to identify a restful sleeping place or a healthy workplace.
The measurable Frequency is the number of occurrences of a repeating event per unit of time. It is a physical measurement that is important for describing periodic processes, such as vibrations. More range of the LF Analyser ME3830B extends from 15 Hz to 100 kHz (100.000 Hz). The measuring range for electric field strength ranges from 1 to 1999 V/m (volts per meter). The measurement range for magnetic alternating fields ranges from 1 to 1999 nT (nanotesla).
LF Analyser ME3830B, a powerful detector for low-frequency electrosmog
The analyser captures the entire low-frequency spectrum with its very wide frequency range from 16 to 100.000 Hz (100 kHz). Starting with deep railway power frequencies of 16,7 Hz, over the usual 50 Hz household power supply frequencies, up to problematic harmonics (Dirty Power) from switching power supplies, pre-control units of LED lamps, dimmers, energy-saving lamps, or consumer electronics. The fact that the meter recognizes Dirty Electricity (dirty power) without complicated settings is a clear advantage!
Because of constant new developments in the industry, like induction cookers, wireless chargers, light bulbs with built-in electronics, etc., the application area for this low-frequency measuring device grows larger every day. It’s the ideal device for everyone who prefers to measure themselves rather than relying on manufacturers and operators’ statements.
Is it impossible to estimate how far the high-voltage line in the neighbouring street actually radiates or where exactly the electrical lines in the flat are laid? It often starts with small things that you don’t think about, like the radio alarm clock on the bedside table and its strong EM fields. Is the Euro flat plug “correctly” in the socket, or am I exposing myself to unnecessarily high electric fields just because the switch integrated into the electrical line only switches single-phase?
Every household and office hides everyday sources of radiation. The LF ANALYSER ME3830B provides clarity!
New dimensions and price range in low-frequency electrosmog measurement
Due to the simple operation with only two switches, this measuring device is suitable for measurement beginners. One switch for turning on and off (with or without acoustics) and a second switch for choosing between alternating electric field measurement (V/m) and magnetic field measurement (nT).
The analyser ME3830B can be used both potential-bound and potential-free. It’s always an advantage when both measurement methods are possible, as this particularly increases flexibility in application. Numerous low-frequency devices measure only the electric field against earth potential. This is a problem because the quality of the earth must be determined first. With potential-connected devices alone, no statement can be made about the effectiveness of Shielding is the protection from the effects of external fault zones and environmental influences (on a person's health most of the time). More (since these are connected to the same potential as the shielding). The display logically remains at zero, even if in reality, there may still be a significant residual field. A complementary check, potential-free over 3 axes, is therefore very advantageous, and we expressly recommend it.
The measuring device is operated with a conventional 9-volt block battery and is ready for use immediately. The field probes (low-frequency antennas) are built into the device, so it does not need any protruding parts.
The analyser reliably captures the existing fields and displays the field strength on a large, 4-digit display in the units common to us, Tesla or in this case nT (nanotesla) and V/m (volts per meter). Building biology already speaks of a strong anomaly here. From 100 nT or from 5 V/m (potential-bound) or 1.5 V/m (potential-free), a strong burden on the body becomes apparent. Above 500 nT or above 50 V/m (potential-bound) or above 10 (potential-free), the emissions are considered extreme in terms of building biology.
The WHO classifies magnetic alternating fields from 300 – 400 nT as potentially carcinogenic! Studies attribute oxidative stress, the formation of free radicals, and a decrease in melatonin to electric alternating fields already from 20 V/m.
Delivery contents of the LF ANALYSER ME3830B
- Measuring device
- Grounding is an electrically conductive connection with the electric potential of the ground. More cable
- Detailed user manual with neutral background information
- List with guideline values and comparison values according to the standard of building biology measurement technology
Who the LF Analyser ME3830B is suitable for and why we chose it!
As a successor to the Pocket PF5 Meter, it was important to us to have a measuring device that has a digital display to be able to read clear measurement values and can be used both grounded and ungrounded. This model is once again ideal for beginners or anyone interested in simply measuring how much each device emits. Want to know the exposure to low-frequency electromagnetic smog in your home, or the strength of exposure from high-voltage lines or the railway track next door? Then this analyser might be worth a closer look. An ideal device for quick and informative control measurements.
Our focus with the LF Analyser ME3830B is the layman, the beginner who takes the first steps in detecting EMF burdens. For measurement technicians and building biologists, the market offers numerous reliable measuring devices, and almost all are priced at or above € 1,000. We were mainly looking for a simple measuring device with which our customers can check the quality and performance of shielding measures themselves.
Trust is good and important, no question about it. Nevertheless, we recommend that everyone who wants to invest valuable euros in shielding materials also checks the result themselves. The LF ANALYSER ME3830B can be a good tool for this.
- The device presents the overall exposure directly in units that are consistent with the building biology standard values, eliminating the need for further calculations.
- It has the capability to measure both magnetic and electric fields with the use of methods that are recognized by science. This is achieved with high sensitivity (display resolution: 1 nT or 1 V / m).
- The “Geiger counter effect” assists in the detection of areas experiencing heightened low-frequency radiation.
- The comprehensive measurement instructions provided enable users to conduct meaningful EMF measurements, even in the absence of technical knowledge. This instrument assists in identifying sources of LF pollution, even those that may not be immediately noticeable.
- The manual also incorporates recommended limit values based on the building biology SBM standard. This provides a significant benchmark for determining the extent of an individual’s exposure to EMF pollution.
Technical data of the LF Analyser ME3830B
- 4-digit, large digital display
- Frequency range: 16 Hz – 100 KHz (compensated, better than -2 dB)
- Measurement range: Electric field strength: 1 – 1999 V/m
- Measurement range: Magnetic flux density (one-dimensional): 1 – 1999 nT
- Accuracy: +/- 2 %, +/- 14 digits @ 50/60 Hz
- E-field sensor for electrical LF alternating fields
- H-field sensor for magnetic LF alternating fields (one-dimensional)
- Audio analysis: Field strength proportional audio signal (with “Geiger counter effect”, switchable)
- Signal evaluation: RMS
- Power supply: 9-Volt battery, average operating time: 24 to 36 hours (depending on operating mode) | Low-Batt.-display | Auto-Power-Off function
- Warranty: 2 years
- Size (mm): 180 x 70 x 30 (LxWxH)
- Weight: 170 g | 210 g with battery