Magnetic shielding film MCL61 is a novel shielding film made of an amorphous cobalt alloy. High shielding effectiveness against magnetic fields of 30 dB (97% efficiency), with two layers even 41 dB. In addition, high shielding effectiveness against RF radiation of up to 70 dB (99.99999% efficiency). Effective against 5G!
MCL61 is our novel magnetic Shielding is the protection from the effects of external fault zones and environmental influences (on a person's health most of the time). film made from an amorphous cobalt alloy for shielding of low-frequency alternating magnetic fields. Also shields low-frequency electric alternating fields (LF) and high-frequency fields (HF).
No shielding from static magnetic fields with MCL61!
Unlike this MCL61 shielding film, classic MU-METAL® is capable of shielding from static magnetic fields, but its effect is very weak on the regular 0.1mm-thick films. The MCL61 shielding film’s alloy is made out of cobalt and offers better protection the higher the magnetic fields’ turbulence. Because static or permanent magnetic fields do not have any turbulence, they cannot be shielded against by the MCL61 shielding film.
Convincing properties for the MCL61 shielding film
MU-METAL® is soft and sensitive. The shielding can quickly be lost through bending, bumping and processing. It reacts a lot differently with the MCL61 shielding film against magnetic alternating fields. The cobalt strips integrated into the film are even flexible with slight bends and stay hard. The screening effectiveness against magnetic alternating field remains high, even during heavy mechanical use. The cobalt strips are only 20 µm thick, 50 mm wide and are comparable to a very sharp knife.
These cobalt strips are laminated for protection, which brings another benefit – MCL61 is also corrosion-resistant in humid environments. Because of the MCL61 shielding film’s width of 61 cm, large surfaces are also covered considerably quicker than with the regular 15cm-thick MU-METAL® stripes. Furthermore, the MCL61 can be cut with traditional kitchen scissors.
Because the cobalt strips are only 20 µm thick, 50 mm wide and sharp like a knife, we have laminated them for protection. This lamination also makes the MCL61 corrosion-resistant in humid environments. With a width of 61 cm, large surfaces are covered quicker than with the 15cm-thick MU-METAL® strips. MCL61 can be cut with a pair of scissors.
- LF magnetic field attenuation: 30 dB (97%); The screening depends on the number of phases, the transposition of cables, the surface size, etc. Work extensively: shield cables with 1-2 strips and fuse boxes with 2-4 strips.
- HF screening attenuation (cell phone radiation): 70 dB and higher
Processing of the MCL61 shielding film
One must be mindful of the cutting edges when processing the MCL61 magnetic field shielding film – they are comparable to a sharp knife. In principle, sticking the film on smoothly is laborious and difficult. Very often, small ripples remain visible. Therefore, we recommend covering the surface.
When sticking the film onto a well, ceiling or floor, use a highly-viscous construction adhesive (ex: Pattex Montage “Special”) that sticks to a non-absorbent surface. The process is always the same – smooth the adhesive, lay the film and straighten with a pressure roller or scraper. Let the MCL61 shielding film strips overlap, smooth them, and paint over them with commercial dispersion paint.
Because the shielding film also has an excellent screening attenuation of up to 70 dB against radio pollution, additional HF shielding paint is not needed. We generally recommend adding an earth. It should also be pointed out that the film is a vapor barrier on larger wall surfaces.
Grounding of the MCL61 shielding film
The MCL61 magnetic field shielding film is electrically isolated. Nevertheless, electric fields can be protracted and transmitted. In order to stop this, a lock washer can be screwed onto each strip; these lockers will penetrate the polyester film. The GCL Grounding is an electrically conductive connection with the electric potential of the ground. set contains everything needed for 5 to 10 strips of MCL61.
Shielding performance of the MCL61 shielding film
One layer of MCL61 reaches a screening attenuation of up to 30 dB against low-frequency magnetic alternating fields. Two layers can even reach up to 41 dB attenuation. The attenuation values are often checked in the laboratory – HF with ASTM D4935-10 and LF magnetic fields with ASTM A698/A698M-07.
MCL61 magnetic field shielding film technical info
- Quantity / Length: by the meter / 20 meters roll / 290 meters roll. Cut in measures of 1.0 running meter. Because of the high manufacturing costs, we allow ourselves to cut the order quantity into pieces! If tailor-cut, it is not possible to return or cancel the order. You can request a free sample.
- Width: 61 cm
- MF magnetic field screening: 30 dB (97%) with one layer. Up to 41 dB with two layers. The screening depends on the number of phases, the transposition of cables, the surface size, etc. Work extensively: shield cables with 1-2 strips and fuse boxes with 2-4 strips.
- HF screening attenuation: 70 dB and higher. All values provided apply for 1 GHz. Measurement from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
- Grammage: 265 g/m²; Thickness: 0.1 mm. Color: Silver
- Permeability: µ 2 = 10.000; µ 4 = 25.000; µ max. = 100.000;
- Bs saturation induction: 0.55 T
- Hc coercivity: 0.5 A/m
- Br/Bs remanence: 0.7
- Tc Curie temperature: 225 °C
- Materials: Polyester, Co, Fe, Mo, Nb, Si, B
- Application: Floor, ceiling, indoor walls, magnetic field, outdoor walls
- Field type: MF (Low-frequency magnetic alternating fields)
MCL61 is electrically isolated. To ground it, every strip has to be screwed with a chopper disk, that penetrates the polyester film.
No cancellation for the MCL61 shielding film
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielding fabric.
Please note that revocations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible. For this reason, it is possible to request a free MCL61 shielding film test sample. By ordering pre-finished products, waiving the statutory right to return goods is accepted.
Small quantity surcharges for small quantities up to 3 running meters have been removed for reasons of transparency and fairness. The individual linear meter therefore always has the same price or price advantage for larger quantities. To refinance expenses and packaging, we charge a flat rate of € 6,90 per cut.